Join LFCU today to be a part of a Credit Union that provides Excellent Service, Lower Loan Rates, Higher Dividends, all while putting YOU first. We strive to maintain competitive rates for all of our members, including you and your family. That's right, family members may be eligible to join the Credit Union too! We are all about family
An initial $10 is required to open your account which includes a One-Time Membership Fee (Par) of $5 and a $5 Savings Deposit.
To open your account, we will need
1. Proof of Identity - A valid Driver's License, State Issued ID, Military ID, or a valid US Passport for each account holder.
2. Proof of Residency - A copy of a utility bill, or another form of approved documentation to prove your residency.
It's Fast & Secure, so open your account today! We have an Oakwood and Gainesville branch waiting to meet & serve you!
Membership with Lanier Federal Credit Union (LFCU) is an ongoing benefit to persons who live, work, worship or attend school in Hall County, GA.
LFCU, like all credit unions, is a non-profit organization. Here at LFCU, if you are a member, you are a shareholder! Unlike traditional, for-profit banks, LFCU returns its profits back to its members in ways that directly benefit them, including but not limited to:
- Lower Loan & Credit Card Rates
- Higher Dividends Earned
- Fewer Service Fees
- Personalized Service
Additionally, LFCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, meaning your money is insured up to $250,000!
• A financial, NON-PROFIT
cooperative created for and by its
members who are its depositors,
borrowers, and shareholders.
|• A Bank is a FOR-PROFIT institution created to serve
& gain profits for its
no ownership, & is open to the public.
|• The Members are its depositors,
shareholders and borrowers.
|• Banks are owned by investors
who may or may not be depositors.
|• A Credit Union's profits are distributed
right back to their members in the form
of better rates, low or no fees and new services.
|• Competition between banks prohibits a
sharing of resources and returns profits to stockholders.
|• A Credit Union's Board of Directors are
strictly Volunteers & are regulated/insured
by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
|• Banks pay their Board of Directors & are
regulated/insured by the
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
When an employer joins the Credit Union, it is rewarded with the following benefits:
- Provide security for funds with accounts insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
- Offers a full line of free or discounted financial products and services.
- Provides dependable, friendly and convenient service.
- Places members’ interests first.
- Provides printed materials for the introduction and promotion of services.
- Increases members’ knowledge of financial solutions and options.
- Extends membership privileges to family members.
Direct deposit is a service to transfer individual payroll funds by the employer to the employee's savings or checking account. Social Security and other pension checks are eligible to be deposited directly.
You don't waste time waiting in lines to deposit checks. You reduce the risk of mail fraud. You have immediate access to your money!
Please check with your payroll department to find out if your employer supports direct deposits and what information is needed to start one.
Employers commonly require the following:
- Account Number: Depending on the account you wish to deposit it in (Checking, Savings, etc.). This can be found on your statements or online banking.
- A voided check
- LFCU Routing Number: 261173352
You will not be able to set up payroll deduction for loans, but auto-payments are available for set up through online banking.